The Executive Assistant to Chairman’s primary responsibility is to provide secretarial support and office coordination to the organization, ensuring proper communication between Chairman’s office and the rest of the organization. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the CEO/President, providing general office management, and meeting and event coordination.
- Provides comprehensive support services to the CEO/President that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail. Handles all calls and visitors with grace, sophistication and professionalism.
- Writes error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements
- Manages Chairman’s contacts using Outlook to conduct up-to-date database entry, tracks VIP relations and correspondence; facilitates relationships by familiarizing with various events
- Provides complex travel arrangements. Becomes familiar with the specific, detailed needs of the Chairman and travel partners; creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios for reference and be available during travel times to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations
- Accurately tracks expenses for CEO by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule
- Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion
- Works in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings
- Prepares for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencing units
- Uses Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for internal and external meetings and conferences
- Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages
- Works closely with Greater Portland team to arrange meetings and events as needed
- Assists with recruitment efforts, new hire orientations, on-boarding and terminations
- Acts as a liaison with landlord and building management on any office-related issues
- Acts as a liaison with outsourced IT consultant on all technology-related issues, including rapidly responding to staff problems and network outages
- Acts as a liaison with the organization’s outsourced HR service firm, acting as the onsite HR presence for Greater Portland Inc
- Acts as a liaison with the Board of Directors as needed
- Sets-up staff meetings, maintains electronic staff calendars and organizes team events. Answers and directs calls and emails of the CEO of a general nature
- Provides timely and proactive management of the organization’s office environment.
- Maintains physical and electronic office filing systems
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests, vendors, and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Displays engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgment, and provide a positive and energetic attitude
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up, as well as a high level of organization and preparedness
- Maintains workflow under pressure and in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- College degree in office management or any relevant field
- Seven to ten years’ professional experience in an executive assistant role
- Experience with CRM/contact management and Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Familiar with common computer application related to office management
You must sign in to apply for this position.