Purpose of Job:
Responsible for daily management of retail business customers providing quotes and policies
Principal Challenges :
Managing Retail business customer enquires
- Preparation of quotations for VIP customers
- Delivery of quotations and policies sin lien with agreed service standards
- Plan and manage accounts in line with agreed budgets, performance targets, service standards and wider business objectives.
- Monitor team operational and financial performance and take timely and appropriate action to address issues arising
Technical and Operational
- Collate required underwriting information, submit standard referrals and obtain underwriting decisions following agreed processes in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
- Provide advice and solutions to subordinates and colleagues to address technical referrals in line with underwriting manual
Business and Customer
- Grow profitable retail / personal lines business across the heads office/ branch network through retaining renewal business and creating new business opportunities.
- Build and maintain VIP customer relationships across retail business and fully understand local clients needs, strategy, culture, personalities, customer base and decision making and ensure they fully understand the company’s propositions.
- Develop, agree and maintain a yearly sales plan for retail business to achieve sales strategy and targets. Manage the effective delivery of plans, involving sales, operations, claims and underwriting colleagues, to ensure Vision achieves the required service and performance.
- Manage the sales pipeline with each of these branches to ensure Vision achieves its annual sales targets.
- Lead the identification, planning and winning of new staff schemes business and corporate client relationships to grow the schemes portfolio in line with sales strategy.
- Support Finance Department with reconciliation of customer accounts and premium collection
- Recruit, lead, coach and motivate a team of support staff capable of delivering effective claims management and related business decisions
- Set individual performance targets in line with wider business goals and strategies
- Monitor individual performance against plans and targets taking appropriate action to ensure achievement of agreed goals
- Ensure all staff receive appropriate training and development to support their personal and professional development in the business
- Personally coach and advise individual team members as necessary in order to enhance their effectiveness
- Ensure regularity in attendance, discipline, adherence to Service regulations, avoid absenteeism
- Effective staff planning to support Vision’s growth aspirations
5 years in Insurance and Sales/ Marketing