Sales Engineer Job Duties:
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a mechanical engineer
- Preferably in oil and gas, building materials or tools and hardware
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering with technical knowledge of machinery and equipment
Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Product Development, Presentation Skills, General Programming Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Innovation